Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Michelle Obama – The modern wonder woman

I am looking at the idea behind the modern wonder woman and I really believe that Michelle Obama is it. Or should I say Michelle Obama is portrayed as the modern wonder woman. She is the ultimate muse for my collection, a powerful, smart, self assured woman who is also a style icon.

Not since Jackie Kennedy has the world looked to an American presidential first lady as a fashion and style icon. While her husband is busy fighting to save the nation, Michelle Obama is bringing class and glamour back to the White house. She is always so poised and looking appropriately stylish for any occasion. Her choice of outfits that really suit and accentuate her shape is fantastic as well as her bold colour selections. I also really like that she wears less established designers and not always going for the big names.

There is a fantastic blog called Mrs. O that follows the fashion of the first lady. I am finding myself on the blog more and more to see what Michelle is going to come out with next. These are a few of my favourite outfits that I have come across on the blog.





Alexander McQueen


Up and coming designer Prabal Gurgung


L'Wren Scott


The amazing Lanvin

No comments:

Post a Comment