Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wonder Woman

For my final collection I am wanting to create a collection for the modern Wonder Woman. Previously on my blog I have looked at women who I see as modern wonder women but I haven't actually investigated who the original Wonder Woman is and why she is so important.

William Moulton Marston created the comic character Wonder Woman in the 1940's as a role model for young girls. There were no other female comic hero's at the time and Marston, a physiologist and inventor on the polygraph, wanted a strong intelligent female character that would inspire and educate girls.

The character of Wonder Woman is an ancient Greek Amazonian princess and warrior, Diana who was bequeathed with super human strength, vast intelligence, the ability to fly, great beauty and a loving heart. Not to mention a very sexy costume that highlights her curves in all the right places.

Basically Wonder Woman is the perfect woman. She is the whole package; smart, strong, beautiful, loving and she can fly! Just like Marston created Wonder Woman in the 1940's to inspire, I want to create a collection that makes women fell just as powerful and amazing as Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment